Saturday, January 8, 2011

2012

Statistically speaking, most everyone walking around on this rock couldn't wait for 2011 to end. Just about everyone and everything got force-fed various platter of steaming suck. Were I to look back on the year, from my individual training goals for 2011, I certainly ate my portion of what everyone else was eating.

I didn't climb my 3" rope. I just didn't have enough places to work with it.

I haven't done a GHR. I just felt like I started getting the exercise.

I'm still shaky on Pistols. I was just too proud to be humbled by trying to do these regularly.

I lost interest in this year's Demolition Day


It's about time that I uttered what is now the most cliche statement to sooth the indignance of 2011: focus on the good things that happened this year. In spite of not hitting my goals, there was still lots good look back fondly on. The 30 Minute Challenge came up again on Rosstraining.com. I went with the Handstand Push-ups and beat last year's total of 155 reps, doing 165 reps in 30 minutes. I fell in love with Bent Pressing at the beginning of the year, particularly Doing Two Hands Anyhow. I started out this year just barely doing 65 lbs and 50 lbs Kettlebells. I'm up to doing 111 lbs and 60 lbs. Most of all, looking back on it, I feel awesome this year. Overall, I haven't felt this good since 2007. I can hang my hat on that.

The rest will fall into place soon enough. In the meantime, there's work to be done and it doesn't get finished up by thinking about a shitty year that we left behind.

Happy, 2012!

No comments: